In this class, you will explore a variety of techniques for creating your own fabulous hand drawn fonts (even if you hate your handwriting).
You’ll learn how to add shadows, pattern, and supporting doodles to create your own unique and personal design.
In this full day class we will also focus on composition in order to create a cohesive hand lettered design. You’ll take away skills you can use to create invitations, signs, art journal pages, or stand alone works of hand lettered art!
· Several sheets of Smooth White Paper
· Several sheets of Scratch Paper
· Permanent Black Pens (Sakura Pigma Micron or Pitt Pens) in multiple tip sizes
· Mechanical pencil
· White eraser
· Several sizes of circle templates (or objects to trace to create circles)
· Favorite colorants (markers, watercolor, gel pens, etc.)
· Favorite quotes or sayings
· Optional: Print out of your favorite fonts (hand lettered or computer generated)